Saturday, April 3, 2010

Landen is 14

Wow! That is Landen's new word to say for almost everything, but especially when he thinks I've just said something rude. It cracks me up though! But I am saying WOW, because he is 14 today! Landen has grown like a weed this past year. He passed me up at some point, can't remember when, and I now wonder if he'll be taller than Parker some day. He's even got some fuzz on his upper lip that I recommend he shave! Landen is about to finish up 8th grade, which means he'll be a Freshman this Fall. Crazy! I'm so glad that he has decided to continue on in percussion and will try out for the High School marching band soon. He's also in a little steel drum group - love the sounds, way fun music! He's convinced he should be able to quit taking piano lessons if he is in marching band... we'll see. He's too good at piano to let quit! Landen is so darn smart and clever too. Still my inventor, and talks about being such or working for NASA when he 'grows up'. He still loves to read, but is pretty picky on making a book selection. He still refuses to read Harry Potter. Go figure! He's been reading The Hunger Games these days. His soccer team has just started their Spring season, in the freezing weather, and had a great win last week! Go PG Lightning! Landen's knees seem to be doing better this year. He has Osgood Schlatter's in both knees, and either it's going away finally or he's just learning to deal with it. I still remember the day the Dr. told us what he had, and feeling so bad for the times I thought he was exaggerating his knee pain! Landen is very self-motivated, and I know that will serve him well in life. He does just about everything really well. Gee, how did I luck out with such a great kid!!!?!!! He's still working on earning his Eagle Scout. He only has a few more required badges to get before his project. He has a scout trip to Moab in June, and that should be a great one! Landen just keeps us laughing. I love you Landen!

No comments:

'My Three Sons'

'My Three Sons'
Blake at 'Little Hoopsters' basketball

Landen boots it at soccer

Parker's longest jump was 15'4"

With cousins at trampoline place

Craig, Parker, Landen after running the Snake River