Today my son Parker is 17! What? Did I just say 17? That doesn't sound right - hmmmm, 1993... 2010, yup, it's been that long! Just wanted to say how much I love that kid! He's such a good boy - always has been - he just wants to do what's right. Even though he has been officially a 'teen' for about 1 1/2 years now (and by that I mean, not super talkative to mom, and moody), he is still my sunny boy (baby nick name). He is a great older brother to his siblings, and can be man-of-the-house when dad is out of town. He has never lost his love of sports since he learned to walk. I love to watch him play sports! He gives whatever it is his all! And contrary to what novices believe, you do need to be smart to be the best at your sport. And smart Parker is! I love the way his mind thinks (well, most of the time :) let's just say he'd make a great attorney some day). He's also book-smart, with a 4.0 gpa. Though I was sad the day he quit piano and percussion, he will still pound out some cool beat on the drums at times. But now he loves his iTouch, and swears he can't sleep at night without his music. But his youthfulness is not all gone, for he'll still sit down with Legos or have a dart war with his brothers at any time! I'm thankful to his friends who are a great influence on him - they're just all good kids! And even though during football season, it is difficult for Parker hang out with friend very much or to make it to Young Men's every week, he's looking forward to getting to do that again soon. He's got to really start busting it out with getting his Eagle Scout now that he's down to 1 year left. Yikes! But I know he can do it! Fantasy Football has been a new passion for the past 2 seasons, and he especially loves to beat his dad or uncle in that. But he loves his own football team the best! The Vikings just made it to State Playoffs 3 days ago, and will play tomorrow. He earned a spot starting Varsity this year, as a DB playing mostly Corner. On the JV team, he plays Safety and Receiver as well. His coaches have been impressed with him, and have commented to the whole team on Parker's dedication and drive. I definitely think this Junior year in High School is the hardest one yet for him. Classes are tough and a lot of homework, and playing 2 games in a row each week has beaten up his body. But he manages to pull it off every single week. I'm so proud of him. Parker is totally self-motivated and also getting to be very independent. I love that he can do his own laundry, mow the lawn without being asked, and knows when he needs a shower :) But when it comes to computer time - he still needs some management. Star Craft - Ugh!!! But he loves it!!! Parker is a HUGE Lakers fan, even though he gets crap about it from just about everyone in Utah. He even got some sweet Kobe Nikes today.
(not finished yet, but have to go... to be continued....)
No comments:
Post a Comment